Key objective of London Osteoporosis Clinic Foundation is to raise awareness, develop capacity to safely and effectively treat chronic, common diseases in underdiagnosed and undertreated conditions, and to monitor outcomes, more details here.
LOCF ECHO Bone Health training run twice a month
Osteoporosis is a major public health concern, with 200 million individuals worldwide. The burden of osteoporotic fractures is high.
Despite the availability of treatments proven to reduce fracture risk and accumulating evidence that osteoporosis treatment can prolong life, osteoporosis remains underdiagnosed and undertreated, with only about 20% of patients with hip fracture treated to reduce the risk of future fracture.
The LOCF ECHO Bone Health TeleECHO Clinic consists of twice monthly 1-hour sessions, each having 50 minutes of interactive case-based learning and 10 minutes of presentation.
The LOC clinicians (including physical therapy, nutrition, pharmacy, and psychology) and other specialists having expertise in different aspects in the care of osteoporosis, gout, osteoarthritis and other bone conditions.
Objectives: Participants of LOC Foundation ECHO to
- Describe the pathophysiology of common bone disorders
- Assess fracture risk with available validated clinical tools
- Evaluate for factors contributing to skeletal fragility
- Recognise quality in bone density testing acquisition, analysis, and reporting
- Use current clinical practice guidelines in managing patients with bone disorders
- Communicate the balance of benefits and risks with various treatments
- Individualise treatment decisions through shared decision making
- Monitor bone health therapy for adherence, tolerance, and effectiveness
- Implement systematic strategies for secondary fracture prevention (fracture liaison services)
LOCF ECHO Collaborative partners agreement
Programme consist of rolling short lectures on variety of topics and case based discussions, on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month starting at 7 pm; participants can attend but majority will be offered opportunity to video-con.
The Pilot event is in October
October 3rd and 17th
November 7th and 21st
December 5th and 19th
January 2nd (Bank Holiday, no meeting) and 16th
February 6th and 20th
March 6th and 20th
April 3rd and 17th
May 1st and 15th
June 5th and 19th
July 3rd and 17th
August 7th and 21st
September 4th and 18th