Expert Holistic Treatments of Underlying Causes to Achieve Optimum Health
Osteoporosis impacts the lives of 3 million people and causes 500,000 bones breaks a year in the UK alone. Yet fewer than 2 in 10 bone breaks get follow-up tests or treatment, we feel this is unacceptable.
Prof Sir Graeme Catto, Dr Taher Mahmud and Colleagues set up LOC to proactively screen, diagnose and holistically treat the underlying causes. Negative outcome is not inevitable and treatment does not have to be life long.
We invite you to:
- Learn more bones (the core of all of us, is living, metabolically active tissue bone is stronger than concrete or steel! 21 Facts about Your Bones and Osteoporosis
- Find out how strong your bones are
- Learn more about nutrition and other ways to strengthen your bones
- Book appointment today with specialist or a multidisciplinary team
- Help LOC and LOC Foundation advocate for optimum health, eradication of osteoporosis fractures, prevention of suffering and better overall health and wellbeing
LOC is a group of highly regarded Consultant Osteoporosis Doctors, Orthopaedic and Sport & Exercise Medicine Doctors, Nutritionists, Physiotherapists, and Strengthening trainers. We specialise in the early diagnosis, drug & non-drug, multidisciplinary treatments to achieve the best outcomes for with osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal disorders.
Our specialists have access to modern state-of-the-art diagnostic and clinical facilities. Osteoporosis does not have symptoms (like blood pressure), bone breaks may already exist if Height reduction, Back Pain, Early Menopause (or hormone imbalance), Steroids use, various Medical condition), Family with Bone Breaks; more info about risk factors in this leaflet.
What is osteoporosis?
In osteoporosis bone struts become thin and break, bone structure and strength alter, become more fragile and prone to breaks (or fractures) after a bump or fall. Read full answer →
What are its features?
Osteoporosis has no symptoms, pain only with fractures (spontaneous or low impact fragility) and can lead to height loss. Read full answer →