Some commonly asked questions about our Clinical Care, what is involved, and how we can help you.
What are the benefits over going through the NHS?
Ease of access: we give care at a location and time to suit your circumstances; we can often see referrals the same or next day and after office hours.
Full assessment: we can arrange (often immediately) a full set of investigations, including scans, such as DEXA (studies show only a fraction of patients in whom it is clinically indicated, actually get a scan on the NHS).
Full range of treatments: We offer a full range of clinical evidence-based treatments (not restricted as in the NHS). Our target is to help achieve the best outcomes for patients.
Following the consultation, the patient, GP or Referring Clinicians will receive a copy of the clinic letter.
LOC offers a holistic approach to care.
- Self-paying patients can self refer (GP referral not required).
- Patients can be referred by GP’s or Healthcare Professional.
- Some Private Medical Iinsurance providers, such as AXA PPP, will arrange your first appointment for you.
- LOC at present does not directly see NHS referrals.
How quickly can I be treated?
Usually when it is convenient for you, often on the same day or the same week and at a time that suits you.
What is your success rate?
We aim to improve bone density in all our patients using evidence-based treatments to maximise the benefits to you. Most patients improve with treatment and we closely check the response to treatment.
What happens at my appointment?
- All patients are clinically assessed and examined by a consultant specialist.
- A tailored investigation and
- Treatment plan is developed jointly with patients and their families to achieve optimum long term bone health and to prevent fractures.
- A written summary and treatment plan are communicated with patients and their clinicians.
What are your fees?
You can see detailed information about our fees and what this includes here.