At the London Osteoporosis Clinic, we offer a holistic approach to the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal disorders. Here are some commonly asked questions and how we can help:
Q: What is involved in the assessment and treatment process?
A: Our team of specialists will conduct a thorough assessment, which may include a full set of investigations such as scans, and develop a bespoke treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals. We offer a full range of evidence-based treatments to help achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Q: What are the benefits of going to a private clinic like London Osteoporosis Clinic over going through the NHS?
A: One benefit is ease of access, as we can often see referrals the same or next day and offer appointments outside of office hours. Additionally, we can arrange a full set of investigations immediately, including scans such as DEXA, which studies show only a fraction of patients in whom it is clinically indicated, actually receive on the NHS. We also offer a full range of clinical evidence-based treatments without restrictions.
Q: What happens after a consultation?
A: Following the consultation, a copy of the clinic letter will be provided to the patient, GP, or referring clinician to ensure clear communication and continuity of care.
Q: Do I need a referral?
- Self-paying patients can self refer (GP referral not required).
- Patients can be referred by GP’s or Healthcare Professional.
- Some Private Medical Insurance providers, such as AXA PPP, will arrange your first appointment for you.
- LOC at present does not directly see NHS referrals.
Q: At the London Osteoporosis Clinic
A: We aim to provide timely and convenient care for our patients. We can often see referrals on the same day or within the same week, and we offer appointments outside of regular office hours to accommodate our patients’ schedules. We understand the importance of prompt treatment, and we strive to provide care that is both effective and convenient for our patients.
Q: Are appointments only available in London?
A: No, appointments are not only available in London. We can also offer remote or in-person appointments elsewhere, depending on your needs and circumstances. Please contact us at 020 7913 7867 to discuss your options and schedule an appointment that works for you.
Q: What is your success rate?
A: At the London Osteoporosis Clinic, we strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients by using evidence-based treatments to improve bone density and prevent fractures. While success rates vary depending on individual circumstances, we closely monitor each patient’s response to treatment and adjust their plan as necessary to achieve the best possible results. Our goal is to help all of our patients improve and maintain good bone health.
Q: What happens at my appointment?
- All patients undergo a thorough clinical assessment and examination by a specialist to determine their individual needs.
- A tailored investigation is then conducted to ensure accurate diagnosis and inform treatment decisions.
- Our team works closely with patients and their families to develop a bespoke treatment plan that is tailored to their specific needs and goals, with the aim of achieving optimum long-term bone health and preventing fractures.
- Following the assessment and development of a treatmentQ: plan, a written summary is provided to the patient and their clinicians to ensure clear communication and continuity of care.
- We believe that open communication and collaboration between patients, their families, and healthcare professionals is essential to achieving the best possible outcomes for those affected by osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal disorders.
Q: What happens after my appointment?
A: After your appointment, we offer comprehensive support to help improve your bone strength and overall health. We may recommend follow-up appointments to track your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan. Our service is results-driven, and we aim for positive outcomes within 12 months. Our team is dedicated to providing ongoing support and guidance to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your bone health.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: We understand that plans can change, and we strive to be as flexible as possible with our patients. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we ask that you kindly provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice so that we can offer the appointment slot to another patient.
We are also happy to arrange appointments by phone or video if you prefer not to leave your home. Please let us know if you need to reschedule, and we will work with you to find a time that works best for you. There is no charge for cancellations or rescheduling made up to 24 hours before your appointment.
Q: What are your fees?
A: You can see detailed information about our fees and what this includes here.